Impressive exhibition of motorcycles and classic cars of the 30s and 40s, authentic works of art rolling. Bugatti, BMW, Hispano-Suiza, Peugeot, Talbot …
If you’re a lover of retro & vintage, classic… -call it what you want-, you’re in luck. Autopista.es collected for you some of motorcycles and cars more beautiful which can be seen in the exhibition "Rolling Sculpture: Art Deco Cars From The 1930s and ’40s" of the Art Museum Raleigh (North Carolina, United States).
The head of this interesting exhibition is Ken Gross, one of the organizers of the famous Concours d’Elegance in Pebble Beach -cita reference worldwide on classic, sports cars and prototypes– and one of the most ardent promoters and defenders of the current movement Art Deco in United States. In fact, this art exhibition on wheels that will take place until January 15, 2017 in North Carolina will be the third of its kind in recent years, the two previous ones in Nashville (Tennessee) in 2013 and in Houston (early 2016).
Some collector’s pieces captured in motorbikes and classic cars which most beautiful and impressive that can be seen at the Museum of Art in Raleigh North Carolina, it is as follows (in chronological order).
– Ruxton Sedan 1930 Model C, The Richard H. Driehaus Collection at Chicago Vintage Motor Carriage
– KJ 1930 Henderson Streamline, Collection of Frank Westfall, Ner- A-Car Museum, Syracuse, N.Y.
– 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow, The Richard H. Driehaus Collection at Chicago Vintage Motor Carriage
– 1934 BMW R7 Motorcycle Concept, BMW Classic Collection
– 1934 Packard Twelve Model 1106 Collection of Bob, Sandy, and Gary Bahre
– Edsel Ford’s 1934 Model 40 Speedster, Courtesy of the Edsel and Eleanor Ford House
– 1935 Bugatti Aerolithe, Collection of Chris Ohrstrom
– 1935 Chrysler Imperial Model C-2 Airflow Collection of John and Lynn Heimerl, Suffolk, Va .;
– 1936 Peugeot 402 Coupe Darl’mat, Jim Patterson / The Patterson Collection
– Stout Scarab 1936, Collection of Ron Schneider
– 1936 Voisin C28 Clairière, Collection of Peter and Merle Mullin
– 1938 Hispano-Suiza H6B “Xenia” Collection of Peter Mullin Automotive Museum Foundation
– 1938 Delahaye 135M Figoni Roadster, Collection of Margie and Robert E. Petersen
– 1938 Talbot-Lago T-150C-SS Teardrop, Collection of J. W. Marriott, Jr .;
– 1940 Tatra T87, Collection of Chris Ohrstrom
– 1941 Chrysler Thunderbolt, Courtesy of the RPW Collection, Denver, Colo.
– 1941 Indian Model 441, Collection of Duane Vanflee