1. - For many, driving is an obligation; for we still have a lot of fans in the veins no remains a challenging moment of every day. But let's start right from the basics: get behind the wheel requires absolutely everything about you, and not only for oneself but mainly because all drivers, cyclists or pedestrians were under how you take this drive, your wisdom, skill behind the wheel and respect for others. No rules have to talk about, because I understand that your obligation-know-that and know to respect them in perspective, but I want to start with a simple question: Would you like to drive today? If the answer is no, you take one of the main risk factors on the car. I know you're not going to give the steering wheel, or stay home, or change the car by public transportation that day, so I just ask you those moments "feeling low" you're more alert than ever.
2. We are already underway with the corresponding activated handsfree, radio settings, and browser screens' I see, and I know the play very often: you know it takes and fortunately the Pegasus chasing you for my safety - , Mirrors... Did we say mirrors? Yes, tell me how many times per minute and look ... I will grant a degree of driving safety. It is not a joke. If you alarm the question is that you have plenty of room to optimize your security bubble, because what I'm going to try is that you drive under a controlled perimeter at all times. I do not want to see you moving neck and head crazily looking for the three mirrors. The count must be adjusted so that a slight eye movement allow a perspective on everything that happens behind your head ... every second. If it is no longer a habit, practice and force yourself until it becomes an instinct more.
3. Do you have a point? Now you know you always carry your sides and back. And this is as important as looking ahead, because in the unlikely event of having to find loophole can do left or right being sure that that lane nobody comes, or even to brake hard in a straight line knowing that we do not run risks reach. But we continue with mirrors.
4. If you know leave your blind spot mirrors, Why do you ride within the blind spot of others? I see cases and cases in highway, where most now circulate constant and stable speed of cars traveling almost parallel. Show yourself, it's time to advance or delayed just a couple of meters where you know for sure that the driver you wear next you can be controlled by your mirror. In the city it is more important, but more difficult to implement because the distances between cars are reduced to a minimum, so, now plays pull neck and back to change the viewing angle mirrors to keep under control those dead spots.
5. I continue with mirrors. I repeat: it is vital. You go your way to becoming even more sure of what you are already a driver, and you will know keep the safety distance from the vehicle in front of you wear. What about the back? I know you'll take the thing seem extreme, but when we talk about security, any too careful. Analyzes what kind of car is behind you, but especially if you drive too close to you. Avoid reprimands simply Assert your common sense. If he does not value your safety nor yours too flees from him, It is time to look "another car": Give more meters, or simply be passed and stand behind the safe distance for you is you who have everything under control.
6. sure you know interpret behavior. For how to lead others can guess if safe and proper driver to take off or not. I insist, This is not to bring the tension to extremes, but go continuously analyzing traffic and know how to interpret it in perspective. If you miss one eye beyond the hood, you'll find how much information you have at your disposal, whether asphalt, is traced or are other drivers. And logic and common sense usually works. Imagine yourself in the city, for example, a parked car with the driver inside: it has all the bins open your door to leave just when you're going through. We must try to analyze everything around you, move or not.
7. Four-lane red light in a big city. The bikes will occupy yes or yes the front row although sometimes not see- and are, as a rule, more agile than the car when leaving from standstill. try not change your lane immediately after the light turns green because there are great chances that you have won a motorcycle meters in the first moments of acceleration. And this does not lead to another essential advice on safety must implement at all times, in city or highway.
8. Anticipation. The farther you look, the better. It will allow you to get a better perspective of traffic and loopholes, but also will allow you to drive much more fluent. If you avoid hard acceleration and braking not only save fuel and will travel more comfortable, also will prevent other drivers can do and not generated false alarm situations just stop doing hundreds and hundreds of cars.
9.- Read the road. There is also much information on the asphalt. Stains, discoloration, whether or not there excess of water when it rains. If there are abundant traces of braking in the same area it is usually a hot spot .... Perhaps not today, but if you spend every day know that we must exercise extreme caution when approaching. Key dates know there is risk of frost at night or early in the morning, but fortunately sure you know adapt speed to road conditions -no a formula, I can not say it's best to go as slowly as possible, but when in doubt, I think it's the best remedy-. One of the things you can avoid those first hours of light is the shadow cast by the guard rail on the asphalt since in case of ice it will melt more slowly.
10.- Rain . Is your obligation to have the car in perfect condition wiper, wheels, etc .. A proper settings prevent air conditioning condensation on the glass and will provide good visibility. Now it combine all the above tips -anticipación, control mirrors, etc, add smoothness at the wheel, adapt speed to road conditions and expand margins of security. Avoid circular white stripes demarcating the road, much less stop on them-in the XXI century there are still many cars without ABS or ESP in our roads-. Most feared in water, aquaplaning: Occurs or not is directly related to the speed, weight and condition of wheels. If you can catch it early, you have your right foot on the solution slows down. If an unforeseen, I think the best recipe is softness, smoothness, softness. Try to keep the steering wheel straight or position in which you have entered, do not touch the brake, not abruptly let go nor hasten the accelerator stroke.
eleven.- Snow. Another situation to go to raja implementing all the tips above table. If where you live and move usually have the slightest option you offset the snow tire or think about it, take the step. If you are someone who will "to look" several weekends a year because you ski or like mountain terrain have much cattle because you will have accumulated some experience. Know that chains must be put before failing to move forward There are many who do and all they do is block the softness Paso to turn, accelerate and brake is vital or as far as possible is better circulate the longest march that hold the car. A footprint already made is preferable to not tread snow ride, but there are always exceptions-that gives it the experience, but there is fixedly rule And of course, here it is more vital than ever positioned between cars and drivers as safe as you are, and how good you have these conditions is easily uncover who's who. Sure you will find moments Retention leaves at least enough space to the car in front of you to leave the lane without maneuver. Oh !, was nervous because not all are equally prepared, and as far as possible, help those in need.
12.- Is there an alternative? I tell my example. I can get to my house for two sites. One, deviating by a narrow two-way road about 4 kilometers and several blind corners; another, for 5 kilometers boulevard with two lanes in each direction with fairly wide gap between two-way and 7 roundabouts from start to finish: What is the safest way? I think there is no color. This also falls within the variables that could control a safe driver, although I know that sometimes there are no options, or any, cost money, such as a toll road.
13. And finally, they are in your hands help the rest as much as possible. Any contribution, however small, could prevent an accident from other cars or even you're currently watching.