Balance, wide range, versatility and good behavior are the common characteristics that define many of the C-segment compact cars. After testing many models and analyze both the test equipment and its Highway Technical center, we have made a selection 10 best small cars you can buy right now (Prices we include or do not include discounts helps Pive Plan).
It is the ride quality the value by highlighting the Peugeot 308, with a neat footprint by compromise between comfort and body control, silence or driveability, latent even in sports versions. And there are few with which account, since more than 200 hp It has up to three. The peculiar driving position with a small wheel and instrumentation located above it may require time to adapt, but is short and this configuration helps to feel unique. The BlueHDI engines, low power consumption. See technical data and prices of Peugeot 308.
- Remarks: Quality rolling
- To improve: driving position
- Engines: Gasoline (1.2 PureTech 82 CV, 1.2 PureTech 100 hp, 1.2 PureTech 130 hp, 1.6 THP 205 hp, 1.6 THP 250 hp, 1.6 THP 270 hp) Diesel (1.6 BlueHDI 100 hp, 1.6 BlueHDI 120 hp; 2.0 BlueHDI 150 CV, 2.0 BlueHDI 180 hp).
- Consumption: 3.5-6.0 l / 100 km
- Prices: From 17,800 €
No other compact with more extensive than the VW Golf range, even if we stick only to the supply of engines and ranges from basic models with little more than 100 hp to 300 versions with 2 liter supercharged more required. Among the new features is the addition to offering version GTE, a Hybrid plug 204 hp; the sum of the range of all-wheel drive and the appearance of versions as 1.0 TSI 115 hp, plus the 1.6 TDI 110 hp. Also the iconic GTI 290 hp Clubsport. See technical data and prices Volkswagen Golf.
- Remarks: Quality and range
- To improve: High prices
- Engines: Gasoline (1.2 TSI 110, TSI 115 1.0, TSI 125 1.4, TSI 150 1.5, 2.0 GTI 220-230 CV, CS 290 hp 300 hp 2.0 R) Diesel (1.6 TDI 115 150 TDI 2.0, 2.0 TDI 184 CV), hybrid (GTE 204 hp), Electric (e-Golf 116 hp)
- Consumption: 1.6 to 7.1 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 19,690 euros
The fourth generation Renault Megane It is not more compact: wickers has become reference. The modern -Appearance reasons apparently are linked to their behavior, benefited from the right flexibility of the suspension or work address to all four wheels (4Control) in the GT. However, it is agile even without the 4Control. He RLink2 It makes the dashboard look spectacular and makes use of multimedia equipment into an experience, but the simplest systems do not leave a bad taste. and dCi engines tested, hyper-efficient. See technical data and prices Renault Megane.
- Remarks: Behavior
- To improve: Visibility back
- Engines: Gasoline (1.2 TCe 100 hp, 1.2 TCe 115 hp, 1.2 TCe 130 hp, 1.6 TCe 205 hp) Diesel (1.5 dCi 90 hp, 110 hp 1.5 dCi, 1.6 dCi 130)
- Consumption: 3.6 to 6.0 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 18,800 euros
The new generation Opel Astra It is one of the great innovations presented by the C segment of compact cars. Newcomer, already has one of the widest ranges. That's one of the arguments that led to the Astra, on the other side Car of the Year in Europe 2016, to be within the Top 5 compact sales so far this year. They have decreased size and weight, which is of course first decline of the interior space, which is in the middle of the class, while the lightness contributes to the dynamic behavior. Also squeeze the best engines, all-art and highly efficient, particularly diesel. See technical data and prices Opel Astra.
- Highlights: Advanced Technology
- To improve: Visibility back
- Engines: Gasoline (105 hp 1.0 T, 1.4 T 125 CV; CV 1.4 T 150, T 200 1.6 CV) Diesel (CDTI 110hp 1.6; 1.6 CDTI 136 hp, 160 hp 1.6 CDTI)
- Consumption: 3.7 to 6.1 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 18,850 euros
He Seat Leon is one of the best selling compact thanks to a price / product very competitive and even Grand dynamic behavior, with that touch of sportiness that Seat is capable of printing on all models. In addition, it lacks quality, convenient and range not only has many references that costs not to find the right for everyone, but also with a superb performance in all its engines. The last to arrive, the Seat Leon Cupra 290 It is seasoned with ESC Specifically, electronically controlled limited slip differential ... See technical data and prices Seat Leon.
- Remarks: Dynamism and price
- To improve: Lighthouses ledes
- Engines: Gasoline (1.2 TSI 110 hp, 1.4 TGI 110 hp, 1.4 TSI 125 hp, 1.4 TSI ACT 150 hp, 1.8 TSI 180 hp, 2.0 TSI 290 hp) Diesel (1.6 TDI 90 hp, 1.6 TDI 110 hp, 2.0 TDI 150 hp, 2.0 TDI 184 hp)
- Consumption: 3.4 to 6.7 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 18,530 euros
Remains one of the cars with better touch driving time, and with more range in a segment where the market tends to limit supply: in addition to a wide variety of engines, not missing versions ST (sedan or family) or a spectacular RS, this time premiere 2.3 350 hp engine and all-wheel drive. 1.5 TDCi emphasize its general balance, especially 120 hp, performance 3-cylinder Ecoboost 1.0 and 1.5 Ecoboost by recent softness, yes, much better than their actual consumption. See technical data and prices Ford Focus.
- Remarks: Driving Touch
- To improve: Gasoline consumption
- Engines: Gasoline (1.0 Ecoboost 100 and 125 hp, 1.6 TI-VCT 125 hp, 1.6 LPG 117 hp; 1.5 EcoBoost 150 18 hp; 2.0 EcoBoost 250 CV; 2.3 EcoBoost 350 hp) and diesel (1.5 TDCi 95 and 120 CV; 2.0 TDCi 150 and 185 hp)
- Consumption: 3.8 to 7.7 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 18,825 euros
The recent update of the Toyota Auris has increased, on the one hand, his perceived quality; on the other, its technological contribution. The first, thanks to the new multimedia 4.2-inch TFT display, available from standard intermediate levels; or touches on the chassis. Second, with the Safety pack Sense which it includes pre-collision alert involuntary change lanes, signal recognition and automatic switching from short to long and back lights systems. They are new petrol engines 1.2 and 1.6 Diesel. See technical data and prices of Toyota Auris.
- Remarks: Quality rolling
- To improve: Only a gasoline engine
- Engines: Gasoline: 120T 116 hp, diesel (90 hp 90D, 115D 112 hp) and Hybrid (Hybrid Active 136 hp)
- Consumption: 3.5-5.3 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 20.530 €
The best of Citroën C4 It is no longer just your comfort and the efficiency of its engines, but now there is also a behavior improved thanks in part to a suspension of moron somewhat firmer. Providing engines 1.2 PureTech greatly streamlines the C4 petrol through one of the top three cylinders category, divided into two power levels (and different changeover boxes). The diesel BlueHDi still guarantee refinement and good thrust and, now also have a recommended automatic transmission. See technical data and prices Citroen C4.
- Engines: Gasoline (1.2 PureTech 110 hp, 1.2 PureTech 130 hp) Diesel (1.6 BlueHDI 100 hp, 120 hp 1.6 HDI Blue, Blue 2.0 HDI 150)
- Consumption: 3.6 to 5.1 l / 100 km
- Remarks: improved performance
- To improve: rear seat legroom
- Prices: from 18,940 euros
There is one aspect in which the Honda Civic, either in the body or family sedan, protrudes from the competition: its roominess and luggage capacity: 500 liters verified in the 5-door, flat floor in the rear seats and Magic seats Seat that rise will make it unique in this regard. And the future of the new model and a new generation of turbocharged gasoline engines are shaping up (leaving aside the Civic Type R). Stresses in the mechanical range, the role of the 1.6 i-DTEC, Diesel great punching power, refinement and low consumption. See technical data and Honda Civic prices.
- Remarks: Habitability and trunk
- To improve: gasoline range
- Engines: Gasoline (1.4 i-VTEC 100 hp, 1.8 i-VTEC 141 hp, 310 hp 2.0) and Diesel (1.6 i-DTEC 120 hp)
- Consumption: 3.6 to 7.3 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 20,900 €
He Mazda 3 is the longer compact of those sold (with 4.47 m of length). However, not so great length faithfully moved into, since its longitudinal space is rather discrete. However, no major problem of habitability. He Mazda 3 launched in 2013, has just added the engine Diesel 1.5 Skyactiv-D, similar to bearing the Mazda 2 and CX-3, with 105 hp. Quiet and soft on them, share these values with the rest of latest generation engines this Mazda, all an example of performance and especially the 2.2 Diesel. See technical data and prices Mazda 3.
- Remarks: perceived quality and touch
- To improve: instrumentation
- Engines: Gasoline (SKYACTIV-G 1.5 100 hp, 2.0 SKYACTIV-G 120 hp and 165 hp) Diesel (2.2 SKYACTIV-D 150 hp)
- Consumption: 4.1 to 5.8 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 17,750 €