small cars, manageable, with an increasingly technological equipment, competitive price and low maintenance costs, these are the characteristics that define the segment A city cars and utility vehicles segment B. If you want to renew your vehicle and you always have attracted this type of cars reduced -in the cases you size detail, none exceeds 4, 10 meters in length, here's a selection of which are in our view the 15 best city cars and SUVs that you can buy.
Small, maneuverable and economic, the Citroen C1 city car is the French firm has its twins, as in the previous generation of the same car, in the Peugeot 108 and the Toyota Aygo. You can have three or five doors, including both openable roof canvas large, and as usual among the smallest models, only with gasoline engines: one of Toyota, PSA another. For this there is the possibility of robotized. In this generation they have grown customization possibilities, as well as connectivity, information and entertainment.
- Engines: petrol (1.0 VTI 68 hp and 82 hp 1.2 PureTech)
- Consumption: 4.1 to 4.3 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 10,550 to 14,150 €
- Remarks: fresh cost and image
- To improve: backspace
He price It is key to the fundamental attractiveness of the Dacia Sandero, although it is not the only one of its charms. Roominess, ruggedness, simplicity in solutions and austere presentation equipment (it is a perfect representative of philosophy low cost); tested with efficient diesel engines ... are also aspects to be evaluated in this utility you use, as the first generation, elements from different models of Renault, some out of print. It has an interesting roader, the Stepway. Among the new, a robotized change.
- Engines: petrol (75 hp 1.2 and 90 hp 0.9 TCE), LPG (0.9 TCE 90 hp) and diesel engines (1.5 dCi 75 and 90 hp)
- Consumption: 3.5 to 5.8 l / 100 km (LPG 2.8 kg / 100 km)
- Prices: from 8,430 to 12,630 €
- Remarks: versatility
- To improve: perceived quality
The Fiat Panda is the citizen par excellence since its first generation. Practicality, simplicity... also define this third. Its cubic aspect helps to have a rear seat with a magnificent high altitude, one of the shortcomings of most small cars. Also well capable of a trunk. The range is broad, with diesel engines and gasoline, until ready for LPG and methane; likewise, with full-range front wheel drive versions (Trek) or (Cross) and even a 4x4 Panda vocation for asphalt.
- Engines: petrol (1.2 69 bhp, 0.9 TwinAir 85 and 90 hp), LPG (1.2 69 bhp), methane (0.9 80 HP), diesel (95 hp 1.3 MTJ).
- Consumption: 3.9 to 5.2 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 9,050 to 17,130 €
- Remarks: practicality and range
- To improve: very basic equipment
The sixth generation Ford Fiesta is at the end of its commercial life, even before his shift toward October, will the new KA. For some this will be a handicap, but his seniority allows it to offer sturdy product and well tested. It is available with bodies of three and five doors, with the ST sport version as a top model, now splits his 1.6 EcoBoost in two power levels, with 182 or 200 hp. Convince your riding position, good ergonomics and well-placed and intuitive controls all in use.
- Engines: petrol (1.25 Duratec 60 and 82 CV, 1.0 EcoBoost 100, 125 and 140 hp, 1.6 Ecoboost 182 hp 200 hp), 81.4 LPG LPG 92 hp) Diesel (1.5 TDCI 75 and 95 CV).
- Consumption: 3.6 to 6.1 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 11,475 to 21,475 €
- Remarks: comfort, ease of use
- To improve: rear habitability
The Kia Venga is one of the MPVs more affordable in our market, with a good habitability despite its 4.07 m and generously proportioned luggage compartment. Its rear bench can be moved lengthwise in a range of 13 cm and is divided into two asymmetrical sections by folding down their backs form a flat load surface which is flush with the boot. Mechanical offer is very complete both diesel and gasoline, all with 6-speed manual transmission except for the 1.4 CVVT which is 5.
- Engines: petrol (1.4 CVVT 90 hp, 1.6 CVVT 124 hp) Diesel (1.4 CRDi 90 hp, 1.6 CRDi 115 hp, 1.6 CRDi 128 hp.
- Consumption: 4.4 to 6.4 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 13,659 to 19,109 €
- Remarks: trunk
- To improve: without Start / stop gasoline
The Mazda 2 surprised by its behavior on the road, with a unusual agility, but also with commendable stability and precision in their movements. Putting a premium on the effectiveness point that comfort, with cushioning that feels firm. Despite its length, it is one of the models with lower livability of its category, but inside is nicely finished with good quality materials. Gasoline engine 1.5 responds smoothly and is silent, but for road should choose at least 90 hp.
- Engines: petrol (1.5 Skyactiv-G 75 CV; 1.5 Skyactiv-G 90 HP; 1.5 Skyactiv-G 115 hp)
- Consumption: 4.5 to 4.9 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 11,250 to 16,500 €
- Remarks: behavior
- To improve: habitability
The Mini is the car utilitarian Most Wanted is offered with three body styles: from three-door, five and convertible. The five has a length 16 cm higher, which is much higher habitability. Its engine range is wide, but not like its almost endless list of options, with safety and comfort themselves higher categories. Its customization possibilities is one of its main pillars. Their behavior is like a kart, but this third generation absorbing damping without dryness.
- Engines: petrol (One 102 hp, 136 hp Cooper, Cooper S 192 hp, John Cooper Works 218 hp), diesel (D One 95 CV; CV Cooper D 116; Cooper SD 170 hp)
- Consumption: 3.5 to 6.7 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 18,450 to 38,500 €
- Remarks: aesthetic finishes
- To improve: exorbitant prices
Although our market has not yet achieved a good level of sales, the fact is that the Nissan Micra is utilitarian with best price / quality ratio. Only it offered with petrol engines 1.2 three-cylinder, one atmospheric version direct injection and a Miller cycle with a volumetric compressor reaching 98 CV. Not very spacious inside, while displaying simple-looking materials, but their equipment options are great; browser with touch screen 5.8 "in the two highest.
- Engines: petrol (80 hp 1.2; 1.2 DIG-S 98 hp)
- Consumption: 4.3 to 5.4 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 10,975 to 16,875 €
- Remarks: Value
- To improve: Loudness road
The fifth generation Opel Corsa Utility is available with bodies of three and five-door, with a full range of engine; especially gasoline, which are preferable. For frame it is the best in the saga, especially when compared to its competition, with a good balance between comfort and efficiency; with two options damping, Comfort or Sport. It has a good habitability, especially in the rear seats, and good finishes, with the top of the padded dashboard.
- Engines: petrol (1.4 CV 75; 90 CV 1.4; 1.4 Turbo 100 CV; CV 1.0 115 Turbo, 210 hp 1.6 Turbo) Diesel (1.3 CDTI 75 CV; CV 1.3 CDTI 95) and LPG (1.4 LPG 90 hp)
- Consumption: 3.7 to 7.5 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 11,461 to 21,343 €
- Remarks: equipment options
- To improve: steering feel
The Peugeot 208 can satisfy both those looking for a utility as gentle as economic as anyone who wants a Diesel travel and those who demand a adrenalítico GTI of those who have to drive with an iron fist and velvet glove: the GTI by Peugeot Sport. All have a common note a dramatic cushioning and a very personal driving position, with low steering wheel and instrumentation on a higher plane than once habituated, it is comfortable traveling. With more rear space would be almost perfect.
- Engines: petrol (68 CV; CV 82; 110 hp, 208 hp) Diesel (75 hp, 100 hp, 120 hp).
- Consumption: 3 to 5.4 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 10,346 to 25,100 €
- Remarks: damping quality
- To improve: rear space
The Renault Clio is one of those cars that, especially when viewed from behind, wears a imposing appearance and reminds a senior. Its front seats are spacious and its trunk is the best of the category, but its rear space is below the category average, especially in width. Its range of engines, although not too extensive does cover the demand of the general public, and includes a very radical version R.S. Trophy with 220 hp signed by Renault Sport.
- Engines: petrol (75 CV; CV 90; 120 hp, 200 hp, 220 hp) and diesel (75 CV; 90 CV).
- Consumption: 3.3 to 5.9 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 11,450 to 27,690 €
- Remarks: space and motors
- To improve: quality damping
The Seat Ibiza is not only one of the cars B segment with better interior space, but its trunk is the best in its class. also adds excellent accuracy in its chassis, the added functionality of its three body styles including the ST family Ibiza- and a full mechanical range. In this regard, the petrol engines are more pleasant and comfortable to use than Three cylinder 1.4 TDI. Although they have lost momentum near idle, still they offer some overwhelming figures, especially in road consumption.
- Engines: petrol (75 HP; 90 CV; 95 hp 110 hp, 150 hp, 192 hp) Diesel (75 CV; CV 90; 105 hp).
- Consumption: from 3.4 to 6.2 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 12,740 to 21,400 €
- Remarks: dynamic accuracy and consumption
- To improve: liking in Diesel versions
In addition to design, the Skoda Fabia presented at the end of 2014 is characterized by a very modern range of engines, to complement the five-door version with a variant practical Combi and have improved their equipment in safety, by incorporating automatic braking system in city and alert fatigue, among others. Its frame is characterized by a set-energetic pulling enabling a very precise but effortlessly given the softness of the wheel, and change direction driving.
- Engines: petrol (60 CV; 75 CV; CV 90; 110 hp) and diesel (75 CV; CV 90; 105 hp)
- Consumption: 3.6 to 4.8 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 13,730 to 19,650 €
- Remarks: versatility
- To improve: liking in Diesel variants
He price, a fairer and mechanical supply customization possibilities You differentiate the Toyota Aygo Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108. Unlike those do not have a variant with roof practicable canvas and conforms to a single engine, 1 liter, which allows smooth and economical ride, especially if flows relaxed rhythms taking advantage of the latest gear. A change of five relations and robotized clutch can please those looking for extra convenience. It incorporates protocol MirrorLink phone connection via Bluetooth.
- Engines: petrol (69 hp)
- Consumption: 4.1 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 10.e00 to 12,050 €
- Remarks: Differentiation
- To improve: mechanical variety
The Volkswagen Polo enjoys a exquisite maturity before that in just a few months makes its appearance the new version, conceived from the MQB modular platform. But far from being a neglected veteran, updating 2014 and Euro 6 engine range will remain as one of the references among urban vehicles both in terms of habitability as in mechanical facilities using thermal engines. special mention require mechanical TSI petrol, more refined than economic TDI three cylinders.
- Engines: petrol (75 CV; CV 90; 150 hp, 192 hp) Diesel (75 CV; CV 90; 105 hp)
- Consumption: 3.4 to 6.0 l / 100 km
- Prices: from 12,715 to 24,640 €
- Remarks: mechanical variety
- To improve: liking in Diesel versions
You may also like
- Prices of new cars in Autopista.es
- Compare up to three cars at once
- Buying Guide: the best half-time saloons
- Best small or urban SUV that you can buy